We live in a world that is defiled with consumerism. We live in a culture that says you deserve and you need to be served and you, you, you are the focus. When we put this toward God's word and test society by the truth in the power of the word - we see truth and honor and integrity and the ways in which we should go. Maybe you find yourself reading this to say what am I missing, or just maybe you are in a small minority of men and you are thinking what is this guy missing? Let's be real!
Top 12 ways to build a healthy marriage
- Get right with God - don't just have remorse for sin in your life - be repentant of it - that is turn and go the opposite way. If you are in unappropraite relationships whether physical or mental (pornography) - flee from this sin - put it to death daily.
- Study His word daily - His Word never return empty
- Pray continuously - Pray for your spouse, your marriage, your future wife (if you are single hoping to get married)
- Serve your spouse tirelessly - don't make your marriage about what you can get out of it or what your spouse can do for you - make it about serving your wife and family
- Give 100% instead of 50% - don't keep score - give all of yourself to that marriage
- Don't keep record of right and wrong - Read 1 Corinthians 13
- When you forgive the wrong, don't keep bringing it up to them - this is not biblical to keep bringing up past sins if they have been repented of
- Invest your time, talent and treasure in them - God tells us to
- Die to self - The Word of God tells us to
- Be honest - need I say more?
- Be true - do I really need to say more?
- Be faithful - this goes without saying
Give these steps some time to let the Holy Spirit move each other.