- The rule of law is the legal principle that law should govern a nation, as opposed to being governed by arbitrary decisions of individual government officials.
- Civil law, civilian law or Roman law is a legal system originating in Europe, intellectualized within the framework of late Roman law, and whose most prevalent feature is that its core principles are codified into a referable system which serves as the primary source of law.
Thomas Jefferson Quotes
- A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have. Thomas Jefferson
- When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe. Thomas Jefferson
- The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.â‚¬Thomas Jefferson
- It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world.â‚¬Thomas Jefferson
- "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson
- "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson
- "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." Thomas Jefferson
- "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson
- "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson
- "To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson
- "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." The Federal Reserve Bank (The FED) is a private bank." Thomas Jefferson in 1802:
10 Commandment List
- You shall have no other gods before Me.
- You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
- You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
- Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
- Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you.
- You shall not murder.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”
The importance of understanding citizenship
Citizenship is the status of a person recognized under the custom or law as being a member of a state. A person may have multiple citizenship's and a person who does not have citizenship of any state is said to be stateless. As Christians, those that believe in Jesus Christ as Savior and believe the Bible as the true word of God, we are automatically given dual citizenship. Thereby, we are citizens from the state and country which we come from and are citizens of the King of Heaven and Earth. That being said, we have a responsibility as both Christians and Citizens to hold to truth, liberty and justice and to rely not on man's interpretation of God's law, rather, God's interpretation of man's law.
There is no country that is above God's precepts and maxims. There is no king or ruler that can assert themselves above God's throne. Therefore, we have to understand the very nature of God's law and what does that mean to us, mere citizens of earth. Whenever you have laws or interpretations of laws that either negate or contradict God's laws then you have to ask yourself what has changed? What is different? Why is there an inconsistency in such law? When the founding fathers of the United States left England to forge a new land, they didn't intend for a state religion to tell them how to worship or whom to serve, rather, they chose a path that would keep them free from government control on what they could or could not do. Government, in its rarest form, is there to prevent tyranny not to be the tyrant. The Federal Government in the Preamble of the Constitution is to establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote general Welfare, and secure blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our posterity.
Recently, the SCOTUS redefined the traditional definition of marriage. Please understand that this was anything but what their inherent role was on that bench. That is, to say, that 5 lawyers who are called to interpret the law (NOT TO WRITE THE LAW) did in fact legislate on the bench. They usurped the Legislative Branch of the US Government and thereby legislated their minority opinion into law - this is my opinion and is open for discussion offline (and if you have more time on your hands read the entire decision and read Chief Justice Robert's dissent)
So what does that mean for 501(c)(3)'s of this land? What does this mean for the Church in Europe and the United States of America? Persecution. Should we be surprised? Of course not. Should we be lying low and not challenging the very system? Of course not. As Citizens (Both of country and of God's land) we have a great responsibility to share the truth (in love). Please do not forget the "in-love" part, which is paramount to the Christian walk and discipleship course.
Jesus tells us that we are not immune of his persecution. If they (the world) persecuted the prophets and Jesus, then He told us that we should expect to be persecuted as well. There is already a lawsuit from a man who claims phrases in the Bible have offended him and that he is suing the publishers of these versions of the Bible for $70 Million. Next, we should expect to see the 501(c)(3) charitable organization challenged and sued for their stance on marriage and employment and biblical values and after this we can surely expect the church to be persecuted and tried for their stance on Jesus. God doesn't need us to judge the world, instead he needs us to show the love of Jesus to the world.
This is where citizenship is so utterly important. Because to the world, we are charged to go out unto the world and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ in love. We are to serve, to feed and to supply the world with God's riches and grace: His Son, Jesus Christ. Matthew 5:13"You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has become tasteless, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled under foot by men. 14"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden;…
As Citizen's of the Church we are to remain pure. We are to remain true and we are to hold the church body accountable to Scripture. This is the ultimate difference as our responsibility as dual citizens.
Frankly, I have been embarrassed and ashamed of some social media posts that decry anger and ignorance toward citizens of this world. These self proclaiming "Christians?" should be embarrassed by their behavior. Be the salt to this blind world. Be the light. When the world looks at you - do they see you and your selfish desires or do they see Jesus?
- 1 Peter 2:9 ESV But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.
- John 17:15-18 I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world.
- Ephesians 2:10 ESV For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
- 1 Corinthians 6:19 ESV Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own,
- Romans 12:1 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.
- Galatians 2:20 ESV I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
- Romans 13:14 ESV But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires.
Do not be afraid of this world nor of its rulers:
The Whole Armor of God
Ephesians 6:10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. 14 Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. 16 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; 17 and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, 18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, 19 and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.