All throughout history we see history of men who stood for truth and justice and independence – their freedom from evil and tyranny: William Wallace, King Leonidas (the 300 Spartans), Winston Churchill, Mahatma Ghandi, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, , William Wilberforce, William Tyndale (translated the Bible into English), Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Apostles,
What about Jesus Christ – what did he do to sin, to death and for us?
- 1 Peter 2:16 - Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants[a] of God.
- Galatians 5:1 - For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.
- 2 Corinthians 3:17 - Now the Lord[a] is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
- Hebrews 12:1 (ESV) Jesus, Founder and Perfecter of Our Faith
- 12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us
If you are a bible believing, Jesus Christ professing Christian and you believe in you heart that Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, lived on this earth and was crucified and rose again on the 3rd day and now sits at the right hand of God, then you have been set free.
Therefore, put to death the old self and put on the new self which we are in Jesus Christ and his Spirit resides in us.
Happy Independence Day.
Lance & Dante