[pawr-nog-ruh-fee] Show IPA
- There is nothing I can do to earn salvation
- I am a sinner saved by grace
- I have confessed that I am a sinner, that I need Jesus, that I believe that he was born of a virgin, lived a perfect life, died on a cross and rose again and now sits at the right hand of God the Father (Romans 10:9)
- Because Jesus is my personal savior, the sins of my past, present and future are forgiven - ONCE & FOR ALL TIME!
- Nothing I can do on my own, all things come from God above
- My call to discipleship is my sanctification - to turn from this flesh and to do the will of God (share the good news, let the Holy Spirit who dwells in me sanctify me, to finish well)
- 35% of all internet downloads are pornographic
- 43% of all internet users view pornographic material (1 out of 3 are female)
- For every 10 men in church, 5 are struggling with pornography
- Sex & porn are among the 5 top search terms for kids under 18
- The average age of first internet exposure and pornography is 11 years old
- Half of all hotel guests order pornographic movies
- 38% of adults think it is morally acceptable to look at pictures of nudity and sexual behavior
- The pornography industry, according to conservative estimates, brings in $57 billion per year, of which the United States is responsible for $12 billion.
5 ways to help you from Porn:
- Get accountability in your life (brothers in a men's bible study, software for your computer, for your smartphones and so on)
- Memorize Scripture - Job 31:1 - I have made a covenant with my eyes not to look lustfully upon another woman
- Get professional biblical counseling
- Confess your sin(s) to your brothers
- Pray and read God's word daily (and move temptations away from your grasp)
Matthew 5:28 ESV / 616 helpful votes
But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
1 Corinthians 6:18-20 ESV / 487 helpful votes
Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
Psalm 119:37 ESV / 459 helpful votes
Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in your ways.
1 Corinthians 10:13 ESV / 402 helpful votes
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
1 John 2:16 ESV / 273 helpful votes
For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world.
Philippians 4:8 ESV / 164 helpful votes
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
Hebrews 13:4 ESV / 147 helpful votes
Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.
Ephesians 6:11-17 ESV / 145 helpful votes
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace.
1 Corinthians 6:18 ESV / 136 helpful votes
Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.
Psalm 119:9-10 ESV / 129 helpful votes
How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word. With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments!
Galatians 5:19 ESV / 128 helpful votes
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality,
Proverbs 7:21-27 ESV / 121 helpful votes
With much seductive speech she persuades him; with her smooth talk she compels him. All at once he follows her, as an ox goes to the slaughter, or as a stag is caught fast till an arrow pierces its liver; as a bird rushes into a snare; he does not know that it will cost him his life. And now, O sons, listen to me, and be attentive to the words of my mouth. Let not your heart turn aside to her ways; do not stray into her paths,
1 Corinthians 6:9 ESV / 103 helpful votes
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,
Job 31:1 ESV / 100 helpful votes
“I have made a covenant with my eyes; how then could I gaze at a virgin?