James 4:13-16 ESV “Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”— yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.” As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.” Every one of us will have an appointed time to die and after that we will all face judgement from our Lord Jesus Christ. This very fact got me thinking about a bucket list for 2013. It is not so much as planning to die, but things that I really want to focus on in the next 12 months to come. Things that I think are seriously important:
My Bucket List for 2013: 1. Read thru the Bible in a year
2. Lead 12 people to Christ (at least one a month)
3. Love my wife and family more and serve them more
4. Buy a homeless person dinner
5. Spend more time teaching, loving, training and hanging with my wife and three kids
7. Take random road “day trips” with my family
8. Train and run for my third marathon
9. Eat better, exercise more and make the wise choices
10. Read more with my wife
11. Grow deeper friendships
12. Apply biblical truth every day to my life, my wife’s life and my children’s life (more family devotions).
What are some of yours?
Blessings in 2013, Dante
Happy New Year,
Dante, Lance & Gary!!!