Final Charge to Timothy
1 Timothy 6:11 But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. 12 Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses. 13 In the sight of God, who gives life to everything, and of Christ Jesus, who while testifying before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, I charge you 14 to keep this command without spot or blame until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords,16 who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.
Legacy Dads (and to those who journey it is to be this man of God)
Things you can do right now to start this process:
- Prayer (ask for the Lord to reveal those things in you that need to change)
- Pursue God (through prayer and the reading of his word)
- Pursue Godliness (God is holy! Put your own sin nature to death daily)
- Pursue Faith (Believe and receive the Holy Spirit and God's testimony)
- Pursue Love (how do others see Christ through your behavior and attitude - do these need to change?)
- Pursue Endurance (train yourself in the way that God's word tells us to go)
- Pursue Gentleness (this does not mean to be a whimp) - Be pure in heart and encourage, comfort and urge those
- If you are a believer, a disciple, a legacy dad THEN Fight! Fight the good fight of faith because Ephesians 6 is not lying about spiritual warfare
- Take hold of your faith!