2 Timothy 3English Standard Version (ESV) Godlessness in the Last Days 3 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. 2 For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, 4 treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people. 6 For among them are those who creep into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and led astray by various passions, 7 always learning and never able to arrive at a knowledge of the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these men also oppose the truth, men corrupted in mind and disqualified regarding the faith. 9 But they will not get very far, for their folly will be plain to all, as was that of those two men.
The text above is for the Church. We, as Christians (as Legacydads) are to go into the world and share the Good News. We are called to be disicples of Jesus Christ and to bear witness to what He has done in our lives.
The text above is to call out those who are not living under the authority of Scripture. To comfort, encourage and urge those who are in God's Church to live a life worthy of God. To be a church member (in the body of Christ), only God knows who is His and and who He has called. God does give us guidance in the fruit of a life's person. You see, when we are saved by God's Grace and not by our works, then we cannot help ourselves because the Fruit of the Spirit comes forth and overflows out of our lives: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Gentleness and Self-Control. When we profess the name of Jesus we should be bearing this fruit in season and out of season - for the Joy of the Lord is our strength.
In Roman's 12 is tells us to become living sacrifices and to renew our minds. In Colossians it tells us rules for Holy Living. In the Bible we read a love story about a God who sent His only Son to die for us. Because Jesus is the only way.
But we as Legacydads, as godly men need to turn off the smut and the television and divorce ourselves form social media and networks and do the following:
- Read His Word - how can you truly hear from God if you are not connected daily to His word?
- Pray for His leading and Will to be done - God calls us to pray continually (this means have a conversation with God throughout our day - he wants our Worship and Friendship)
- Submit to God - Submit and obey
- Obey His words - submit and obey
- Love one another - if we do not love our brother (and sister) we are not His disciples
- Serve and Seek the lost - Read James 1, Read 1 John - Read the New Testament
- Edify the body - Ephesians 4
We, at Legacydads, condemn all forms of hate. Whether you are left, right, center, worldly or self-proclaimed in god's church and you hate - we condemn it. It is contradictory to stand on any part of God's word and use it as a means to hate your brother (or sister). Jesus, upon His death and resurrection gave us a new covenant - to go and seek and serve the lost and to share the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Some questions to chew on for my next post:
- Why do people say that they have the Love of God in their heart and spew hatred and ignorance and hypocrisy from their lips?
- Why do certain groups want to erase and destroy history? (History is good to remind us of our past, our mistakes and where we have come from - to remove it - would be a tragedy)
- Why do people claim to be anti-fascists when they will only let your speak if you agree with them?
- Why do these same people not show their entire poker hand and say that they want to get rid of the Bible? - (Because the Gospel does offend)
- Do we believe in God's word? Truly? For we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against powers and principalities of this earth (New World Order - Globalist and so on)
- How do we approach the world with Biblical Lenses?
Note: These questions will be addressed on my next post